|Aviation and the Global Atmosphere||Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change|
1. See also Section 2.2.7 in Chapter 2 on the financial flows stemming from NGOs.
2. Cases from the Case Studies Section, Chapter 16, that bring out the importance of institutional arrangements as an enabling environment include: DSM in Thailand (Case 10), TIFAC (Case 27).
3. Other sources report 85,000 families -originally in 1979 the government anticipated that 6,000 would be displaced, The Independent, 14th August 1999.
4. See Chapter 11 for an extensive treatment of technology transfer in the agricultural sector.
5. See Chapter 12 for an extensive treatment of technology transfer in the forestry sector.
6. See also Section 3.5.1 in Chapter 3 on publicly-owned or supported ESTs.