The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is currently looking for the services of a User Interface Designer for the web pages of its upcoming Sixth Assessment Report. Deadline Extended till 31 May 2021.
The IPCC is currently working on its Sixth Assessment Report (AR6) which consists of three volumes and a Synthes Report. The first, being worked on by Working Group I is on the physical science basis for climate change. The second is on impacts, adaptation and vulnerabilities and it is being worked on by the Working Group II of the IPCC. Working Group III is working on the third contribution on mitigation. The Synthesis Report as the name suggests integrates the three Working Group contributions to the assessment and any Special Reports prepared in that assessment cycle.
The AR6 will have three dedicated report microsites, one for each the Working Group contributions and the Synthesis Report. These report websites will be developed using a so-called static site generator and the designs will be based on already existing report websites, see example here: https://www.ipcc.ch/sr15.
The base assets for the new designs will be provided and are based on an export from the current report website built with WordPress.
General scope of work
The design work to be conducted will be have the following main components:
- Design improvements and adjustments to the currently designed report website. In specific, this requires a creation of new template for the following sections of the website
– Report landing page
-Chapters page (includes all chapters and links to the individual chapter page)
- Implement HTML and CSS of the designed pages (responsive), based on the provided and existing stylesheets
- UI designs
- CSS/SASS (responsive)
- HTML in grid framework
Deliverable due dates
- First iteration of all designs done: 5 days after contract started
- Possible fixes to designs done: 3 days after first iteration of designs
Mode of Work
- Part 1 (50%): Templates designed and approved
- Part 2 (50%): Implement CSS/HTML
Interested candidates should submit a quotation or simple offer to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Email subject line: Web design for AR6 microsites
- Email contents:
-Mention the main sections to be designed (Report landing page, Chapters page, Chapter page, Figure page, Downloads page, Navigation)
-When you can start
-How much you would charge for your work on the deliverables outlined above.
Deadline extended till 31 May 2021
For any inquiries, please email email@example.com.