The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is currently looking for the services of a web developer to work on the web pages of its upcoming Sixth Assessment Report.
The IPCC is currently working on its Sixth Assessment Report which comprises of three volumes and a Synthes Report. The first, being worked on by Working Group I is on the physical science basis for climate change. The second is on impacts, adaptation and vulnerabilities and it is being worked on by the Working Group II of the IPCC. Working Group III is working on the third contribution on mitigation. The Synthesis Report as the name suggests integrates the three Working Group contributions to the assessment and any Special Reports prepared in that assessment cycle.
The AR6 will have three dedicated report microsites, one for each of the three Working Group contributions and the Synthesis Report. These report microsites will be developed using a Static Site Generator, preferably Gatsby. They will need to be integrated to the main IPCC website (ipcc.ch) therefore will need to have the same look and feel as the already existing report microsites (built on WordPress), see example here: https://www.ipcc.ch/sr15.
The designs including example HTML and stylesheets for these templates will be provided.
General scope of work
- Build a website using the Static Site Generator that can be reused for multiple reports
- Use the current report microsites as a template with incorporating design changes to build the new site
- Create few components used in some of the pages for example Frequently Asked Questions, Figures and others where possible
Website developed with the Static Site Generator including
– Landing page
– Download pages (2)
– Figure page
– Generic page template
– Frequently Asked Questions
– Plus addition where possible
Deliverables due dates
- Ideally a first stage with Landing and Download pages to be completed by 19.6.2021
Mode of Work
- Weekly quick meetings with IPCC IT web team and the developer
should submit a quotation or simple
offer to email@example.com with the following
· Email subject line: Web development for the AR6 microsites
· Email contents:
- mentioning the main templates and components to be developed as stated in the General Scope of work section above
- when you can start
- How much you would charge for your work on the deliverables outlines above
Deadline: 31 May 2021.
For any inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org