The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is seeking a Website Content Manager to manage and implement publication of the report websites for the three Working Group contributions to the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report (AR6) as well as the Synthesis Report, which integrates the findings of three Working Group contributions.
The successful candidate will play a major role in communicating the findings and key concepts of the AR6 to audiences around the world through these dedicated report websites.
The Website Content Manager’s primary task will be the timely and accurate publication of the full content of the three reports being produced by IPCC Working Groups I, II, and III and the Synthesis Report. This will include converting text, tables, and figures from multiple large InDesign files into HTML with appropriate tags and styles. S/he will also contribute to the design, functionality, infrastructure, and deployment of the report websites, in collaboration with the Technical Support Units (TSUs) for the three Working Groups and the Synthesis Report TSU. Further responsibilities will include maintaining website content, troubleshooting anomalies, ensuring the content is accurate, and acting on feedback from the TSUs and IPCC Secretariat.
The Website Content Manager will be reporting to the IPCC Web Team.
Website Content Management
- Publish all report text and figures on the report website by agreed deadlines;
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity and consistency;
- Contribute to the design of the website architecture;
- Test website content for compatibility/formatting across devices/platforms;
- Liaise with staff to troubleshoot web content issues;
Website Project Management
- Monitoring project progress;
- Tracking action items;
- Examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority;
- Responding to team members’ concerns; coordinating requirements with interested teams.
- Proven work experience in website content development
- Experience with extracting web content from InDesign
- Deep skills in writing scripts (e.g., Python) to automate text manipulation (in particular, we need to modify large existing HTML documents in bulk by identifying patterns and injecting new tags where necessary)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator
- Excellent written English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Gatsby or other static site generators, such as Jekyll, or Hugo
- Experience with NodeJS and React
- Experience with WordPress
9 months (spread out depending on the time the content is ready for publication)
Location: Virtual and mainly collaborating with people in the Central European Time (CET) zone.
Please send your CV or Resume that includes links to samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight CET on 21 January 2022