Working Group II of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is filling the position of
Full Time (6-year contract)
Educational Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent | Master’s or equivalent
Singapore Management University, where some of the staff members of the Working Group II Technical Support Unit (TSU) will be based, is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The ‘family-like’ atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for College of Integrative Studies (CIS / IPCC Working Group II Technical Support Unit).
- Provide administrative support to the Working Group II Co-Chairs and TSU.
- Serve as the office manager for the TSU located in Singapore.
- Manage local logistics, including coordination with the host organization, for administrative and financial matters.
- Handle personnel administration for both temporary and full-time staff, ensuring compliance with host organization rules and administrative procedures.
- Establish annual budgets, prepare financial reports, and maintain cost controls.
- Implement and manage an efficient central document filing system.
- Support the TSU’s production process, including the compilation of drafts, reference management, quality control checks, and preparation of reports for publication.
- Work closely with the Administrative Officer located in the Netherlands to support all products and activities of Working Group II during the seventh assessment cycle.
- Provide secretarial support to the Co-Chairs, including organizing their international travel and logistical support for local and international meetings and sessions of the Working Group.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field of study with at least 3 years work experience after conferment of first degree, or 10 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Experience in managing a secretariat with a multi-cultural team;
- Developing and organizing complex processes;
- Writing and editing of scientific or technical documents;
- Reference management software.
- Excellent knowledge of standard office software.
- Experience in accounting and cost control;
- Document filling and archiving;
- Preparing and editing documentation;
- Organizing meetings.
- Proficient in oral and written English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with the international science community.
- Fluency in another UN language would be an advantage.
- High degree of stress-resistance and capacity to work to deadlines.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Experience working with UN processes, in particular the IPCC, would be an asset.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Please apply here.