The IPCC was at the 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Glasgow from 31 October to 12 November 2021, taking part in the official activities of the meeting as well as its own broad programme of events. These included:
- The IPCC Chair, Hoesung Lee speaking during the opening of the conference.
- The SBSTA-IPCC special event on Working Group I contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report
- Taking part in the Second Structured Expert Dialogue of the Second Periodic Review
- Taking part in Earth Information Day
- An IPCC side-event on IPCC scientific assessments in a pandemic world
- COP26 Science Pavilion together with the World Meteorological Organization and the UK Met Office supported by the UK COP26 Presidency