The scoping meeting for the Sixth Assessment Report (AR6) took place in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) from 1 to 5 May 2017. The draft outlines were approved by the Panel when it met in September 2017
The approved outline of the Working Group II contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report is available here
A call for nomination for experts to attend the scoping meeting was issued togovernments, observer organizations andIPCC bureau members. They were requested to submit their nominations via their focal points before midnight (CET) on 31 October 2016. The deadline was later extended to Monday 14 November 2016
In order to determine robust areas of consideration, participants in the Scoping Meeting should have a broad understanding of climate change and related issues, and should collectively have expertise in the following areas:
Working Group II
- Co-benefits, risks and co-costs of mitigation and adaptation, including interactions and trade-offs, technological and financial challenges and options.
- Ethics and equity: climate change, sustainable development, gender, poverty eradication, livelihoods, and food security.
- Perception of risks and benefits of climate change, adaptation and mitigation options, and societal responses, including psychological and sociological aspects.
- Climate engineering, greenhouse gas removal, and associated feedbacks and impacts.
- Regional and sectorial climate information.
- Epistemology and different forms of climate related knowledge and data, including indigenous and practice-based knowledge.
Central and South America