The scoping meeting for the Sixth Assessment Report (AR6) took place in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) from 1 to 5 May 2017. The draft outlines were approved by the Panel when it met in September 2017
The approved outline of the Working Group III contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report is available here
A call for nomination for experts to attend the scoping meeting was issued to governments, observer organizations and IPCC bureau members. They were requested to submit their nominations via their focal points before midnight (CET) on 31 October 2016. The deadline was later extended to Monday 14 November 2016
In order to determine robust areas of consideration, participants in the Scoping Meeting should have a broad understanding of climate change and related issues, and should collectively have expertise in the following areas:
Working Group III
- Socio-economic scenarios, modelling and transitions at the global, regional, national and local scales including integrated assessment approaches.
- Energy systems including supply and energy demand sectors (e.g., industry, transport, buildings). Mitigation responses in agriculture, forestry, land use and waste.
- Consumption patterns, human behavior and greenhouse gas emissions, including economic, psychological, sociological and cultural aspects.
- Policies, agreements and instruments at the international, national and subnational levels, including those at the city level.
- Technology innovation, transfer and deployment.
- Financial aspects of response options
Central and South America