Geneva, 19 September 2013 – In advance of the release of the Working Group I contribution to the Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the IPCC has prepared a series of factsheets in all official UN languages explaining how the IPCC works and how it produces reports.
These factsheets are:
- What is the IPCC?
- How does the IPCC select its authors?
- What literature does the IPCC assess?
- How does the IPCC review process work?
- How does the IPCC approve reports?
- How does the IPCC deal with alleged errors?
- Timeline – highlights of IPCC history
To access these factsheets, go to: https://www.ipcc.ch/about/
The factsheets will also be highlighted on the new AR5 pages to be released next week.
For more information contact:
IPCC Press Office, Email: email@example.com
Jonathan Lynn, + 41 22 730 8066 or Werani Zabula, + 41 22 730 8120