DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 3 April 2019.
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland.
Commencement of duty: 15 May 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Duration: 6 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IPCC was established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in 1988. The IPCC Secretariat, where the intern will be based, is hosted at the headquarters of the WMO in Geneva, Switzerland
Under the supervision of the Science Officer in consultation with the Technical Support Unit of Working Group I which deals with The Physical Science Basis of Climate Change; Working Group II which deals with Climate Change Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability; Working Group III which deals with Mitigation of Climate Change and of the Task Force on National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Prepare questionnaires on Government, Stakeholder and NGO priority scientific areas to be considered for the next assessment reports of the sixth assessment cycle;
- Participate in communications to IPCC Focal Points and contribute to the preparation of documentation and meeting reports for Plenary sessions, Bureau sessions and Executive Committee meetings;
- Provide administrative and Scientific technical support;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations in support to IPCC activities;
- Assist with the IPCC Scholarship programme.
Find more details and information on how to apply on the WMO E-Recruitment website here: https://erecruit.wmo.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?jobinfo_uid_c=36283&vaclng=en