On 9 August, the IPCC held a press conference to present the Working Group I contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report, Climate change 2021: The Physical Science Basis. The report addresses the most up-to-date physical understanding of the climate system and climate change, bringing together the latest advances in climate science, and combining multiple lines of evidence from paleoclimate, observations, process understanding, and global and regional climate simulations.
- Press release ; Climate change widespread, rapid, and intensifying – IPCC
- Recording of the press conference
- Press conference programme
- Bios of the IPCC speakers
- Opening statement from Hoesung Lee, IPCC Chair
- Statement by Inger Andersen, Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Statement by Petteri Taalas, Secretary General of the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO)