Considering the current pandemic context, the training workshops will be organized in a virtual mode in the form of regional webinars. A package of introductory material (videos) building on previous events (in particular the COP-26 IPCC regional events and the official launch of the Interactive Atlas) will be provided in advance as context information to set the ground for the webinar. The webinars are intended for practitioners and the research community (but also open to consultants and public sector representatives) and will focus on data aspects using the facilities of the IA. These events are envisioned as interactive sessions and require registration, although they could be also followed by streaming.
Regional webinar (1 hour)
- Introductory session by the coordinators (5 mins).
- Split into multilingual BOGs as needed
- Interactive (hands-on) activity on the use of the Interactive Atlas. The group will separate into zoom BOG (in different languages) led by IPCC regional authors who will show the tools available at the Interactive Atlas (25 mins).
- Q&As (10 mins)
An introductory package with pre-recorded videos is provided upon registration:
Introductory package provided upon registration (self-learning, 1 hour)
- Introduction to the AR6 WGI assessment report and main findings (15 mins): by Valerie Masson-Delmotte (co-chair of IPCC WGI). Video recorded at the presentation of the IPCC Interactive Atlas; describing the IPCC work and the main results of WGI assessment report (global perspective).
- Main regional results of the WGI assessment report (~20-30 mins): by regional IPCC teams, recorded at COP26 IPCC regional events and presenting the main results at the regional level.
- Presentation of the IPCC Interactive Atlas (~15 mins): video available from the Interactive Atlas documentation. [Interactive Atlas documentation]